Create a sprawling industrial city. Compete with the other Corporations for resources, territory, and power. Do battle with ships, technology, influence, or the sheer productive power of your factories. Stake your claim to the Industries of Titan in this innovative sim/strategy game!
January 2018 – December 2021
- Implemented game UI in C++, using Unreal 4 (UMG and Slate).
- Created a set of skinnable widgets with centralized styling assets, that were used throughout the game. Rewrote or enhanced standard Unreal widgets where their functionality did not match our needs.
- Created a custom rich text markup system that accepted Markdown-like formatting. The system supported inline formatting, inline icons and tooltips.
- Created a custom fan-translation-friendly localization system. The system allowed fans to drop in CSV file translations, and gracefully fell back to English for untranslated strings.
- Created tools to improve the workflow of designers, artists and writers, allowed them to seamlessly define data in Google Sheets and see their changes in-game.
- Created in-game bug reporter and back-end server to accept player feedback, screenshot and save games.
- Created UI art in collaboration with the art director.
- Helped design the user experience, with the aim to let players understand the inner workings of their city without being overwhelmed.